Each center in the Webster Ready Start community uses a Tier 1 curriculum for their learning centers. The curriculum is implemented from early learning ages to 5 years. To see more about the curriculum used see the sections below.
Tier I curriculum offers guidance and tools for assessing children’s growth and learning. Teachers can use this assessment information to add valuable evidence to children’s GOLD® portfolios, monitor progress and finalize checkpoints.
Each of the Tier I curriculum assessments are:
– Consistent with the Louisiana Birth to Five Early Learning and Development Standards and with the GOLD® Objectives for Development and Learning (ODLs)
– Conducted through a variety of methods such as anecdotal observations/notes, checklists, photographs, work samples, benchmark assessments, rubrics, etc.
– Embedded throughout activities and routines within the daily schedule (e.g. whole group, small group, center times, outdoor times, transitions, etc.)
Students are assessed using GOLD standards. Teaching Strategies GOLD is an authentic, ongoing observational assessment for children from birth through kindergarten. Teaching Strategies GOLD is based on 38 objectives for development and learning that include predictors of school success and are based on school readiness standards. The assessments are an authentic part of instruction, not a disruption. To view the GOLD standards click the button below.
The Frogstreet program is used in our Early Learning programs. This program prides itself on being designed around the latest scientific early brain development research. The Frog Street curriculum is designed to build strong foundations for little ones ages 0- Pre-K. This program includes easy-to-use activities that include:
- Information to assist caregivers to nurture the little ones in their care
- Optimize key windows of opportunity for growth and development
- Organized around developmental learning domains
- Feature Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline® strategies to enhance social and emotional development
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is one of the most widely used pre-K curriculums. This curriculum is comprehensive, research-based, and features exploration and discovery as a way of learning.
Foundation volumes help teachers create high-quality learning environments and support deep understanding of early childhood best practices, theories, and research. Robust Daily Resources provide the instructional tools and materials to engage children in project-based investigations and make every moment of the day meaningful, intentional, and engaging.
- The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is…
Proven to increase kindergarten readiness
- Academically rigorous and promotes social–emotional development
- Rated higher than any other preschool curriculum
- Inclusive, supporting all children
- Aligned to all state early learning guidelines and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes
In Louisiana, all school systems are able to purchase instructional materials that are best for their local communities. The Louisiana Department of Education led an online review of instructional materials to determine the material that best aligns with the need of the children and communities. WPSB Pre-K uses the approved material published by Pearson’s Education titled “Opening the World of Learning” or “OWL” for short.